Normally, I don’t eat much dairy, but cheese is my ultimate weakness. There are so many textures and flavours to choose from, how could you not fall in love? This is what happened when I recently I discovered Chaource cheese.
Chaource is a soft, creamy cheese that has a buttery taste to it. When you leave it at room temperature it just melts into warm bread.
With the summer months still upon us, I’ve loved going to the farmer’s markets near by and picking up some fresh local fruit. This cheese serves very well with fruit such as peaches and pears. My local farmer’s market hasn’t had any pears this summer but they’ve always had tons peaches, so I decided to pair this cheese with fresh peaches.
This recipe is perfect for a mid-day snack or as an appetizer. You can even sprinkle on a drizzle of honey and a dash of black salt to impress your dinner guests, it will surely be a crowd pleaser.
French Baguette with Cheese & Peaches
- 1 French Baguette (I chose Whole Wheat)
- 1 Container of Chaource Cheese
- A Basket of Fresh Peaches
- Optional* Local Honey and Black Salt
- Let cheese sit until it reaches room temperature
- In the meantime, cut up baguette slices and peaches
- Lightly toast slices of baguette
- Spread cheese on warm bread, add peaches and desired toppings
- Serve and enjoy!